Fire fighters strike in North Devon
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters across North Devon stage walkouts over pension reforms for the fourth time.
FIRE fighters are striking again today (Weds) due to a dispute with the government over pension reforms.
The fourth strike by Fire Brigades Union members started at 10am and will last until 2pm.
Fire fighters will be staging walk outs and have urged the public to take care, issuing the following advice:
• If you haven’t already got one, install a smoke alarm and test it every week
You may also want to watch:
• Take extra care in the kitchen - this is where most fires start
• Check your electrical appliances - turn them off and don’t overload sockets
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
• If you smoke, put cigarettes out properly
• Sleep safe - check everything in your home every bedtime
• Plan a safe escape - make sure you know how to get out of your home in an emergency