Fire fighters strike in North Devon
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters across North Devon stage walkouts over pension reforms for the fourth time.
FIRE fighters are striking again today (Weds) due to a dispute with the government over pension reforms.
The fourth strike by Fire Brigades Union members started at 10am and will last until 2pm.
Fire fighters will be staging walk outs and have urged the public to take care, issuing the following advice:
• If you haven’t already got one, install a smoke alarm and test it every week
You may also want to watch:
• Take extra care in the kitchen - this is where most fires start
• Check your electrical appliances - turn them off and don’t overload sockets
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 6 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 7 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
• If you smoke, put cigarettes out properly
• Sleep safe - check everything in your home every bedtime
• Plan a safe escape - make sure you know how to get out of your home in an emergency