Retained fire fighters from South Molton managed to save Christmas for one large family gathering a chimney fire broke out in their home.
Christmas was saved for one North Devon family thanks to a crew of retained fire fighters.
A large family gathering was taking place on Christmas Day in Bishops Nympton when a chimney fire broke out just after 3pm.
Fire fighters from South Molton were mobilised to the property and found the fire in the chimney had spread to a beam.
They tried to keep disruption to a minimum as they removed the woodburner and a large amount of soot, then extinguished the fire.
Luckily Christmas dinner went ahead as planned and fire fighters wished the family a merry Christmas before heading home to their own loved ones.