Fire fighters commemorated for 70 years experience
- Credit: Archant
Celebration held for three fire fighters leaving Bideford Fire Station.
THREE Bideford fire fighters who recently left the station have been awarded for nearly 70 years of experience between them.
Alan Pearce retired after a career of 35 years in the fire service, and was awarded a chrome-coated axe for his dedication.
Steve Fisher, who served 15 years as a retained fire fighter and is now working full time at Barnstaple Fire Station, and Steve Hillman, who served 20 years, were also recognised.
They both received a decanter specially made for them at Dartington Crystal.
You may also want to watch:
Bruce Lesslie, station commander at Bideford, said the evening at Bideford Angling Club was a success and attended by friends, past and current colleagues.
He said: “I’d like to thank them for the service they have given to the fire brigade as well as the town of Bideford over 70 years of service between them.”
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses