House in Northam was ‘heavily smoke logged’ after curtains in the living room caught fire on Wednesday night

Fire crews were called to a smoke-filled house at Northam last night (Wednesday) after its living room curtains caught on fire.

Two fire engines from Bideford were called to the property at Century Drive just before 9.30pm.

They found the kitchen and living room heavily smoke-logged and wore breathing apparatus and used hoses to put the fire out.

They used thermal cameras to check it was fully out and a fan to clear the house of smoke.