Fire fighters announce further strikes
- Credit: Archant
Union members in North Devon will be striking over the festive period and urge members of the public to take extra care.
FIRE fighters have announced further strike dates over Christmas and the New Year.
Members of the Fire Brigades Union across North Devon will be striking against unresolved pension issues on Christmas Ever from 7pm until midnight.
They will also strike on December 31 from 6.30pm until 12.30am on Jan 1, and on January 3 from 6.30am until 8.30am.
Lee Howell, chief fire officer, said: “Fire and Rescue Services have contingency plans and ours will again be put into place ahead of these dates for industrial action over the festive period.
You may also want to watch:
“Our plans have worked well during the previous periods of action, but we are asking the public to help us again by taking extra care during the festive period.
“We will continue to respond to 999 calls and do everything we can to keep the public safe.”
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 8 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 9 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail