Fire fighters announce further strikes
- Credit: Archant
Union members in North Devon will be striking over the festive period and urge members of the public to take extra care.
FIRE fighters have announced further strike dates over Christmas and the New Year.
Members of the Fire Brigades Union across North Devon will be striking against unresolved pension issues on Christmas Ever from 7pm until midnight.
They will also strike on December 31 from 6.30pm until 12.30am on Jan 1, and on January 3 from 6.30am until 8.30am.
Lee Howell, chief fire officer, said: “Fire and Rescue Services have contingency plans and ours will again be put into place ahead of these dates for industrial action over the festive period.
You may also want to watch:
“Our plans have worked well during the previous periods of action, but we are asking the public to help us again by taking extra care during the festive period.
“We will continue to respond to 999 calls and do everything we can to keep the public safe.”
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed