Fire destroys utility room in Monkleigh

NDG-FIRE-ENGINE1

- Credit: Archant

Three fire engines were scrambled to the scene in Hilton Road just before 7pm.

A UTILITY room was destroyed by fire yesterday evening (Tues) in Monkleigh.

Fire crews from Torrington and Bideford were scrambled to the scene in Hilton Road just before 7pm.

They discovered the fire in the ground floor utility room of a house and extinguished the fire wearing breathing apparatus and using two hose reel jets.

The property was ventilated and the cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter