Fire crews scrambled to kitchen fire after running call

Occupants of a residential home ran to Bideford fire station to raise the alarm on a kitchen fire.

FIRE crews were scrambled to a residential home in Bideford after occupants ran over to the station to raise the alarm yesterday afternoon (Tues).

Upon arriving at the home in Abbotsham Road at 3pm, fire fighters discovered the fire involving a gas and electric cooker was already out.

But the building was heavy with smoke and crews inspected the property while making efforts to ventilate it.

No one was hurt or injured in the fire and duty of care was left with the staff.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus