Fire crews rescue injured deer
The animal ended up in a stream after running out in front of a car.
FIRE FIGHTERS were called to the rescue after a deer ran out into the road and was hit by a car yesterday (Wed).
The young Roe deer ended up in a stream outside Watermouth Cove Holiday Park, near Ilfracombe, just before 6pm.
Fire crews from Combe Martin and a specialist team from Barnstaple attended the scene.
Fire fighter Scott Young from Barnstaple said: “We stabilised the scene and stayed with the deer until the vet came.
You may also want to watch:
“Sadly the animal had to be put down as a result of its injuries.”
The driver of the car was uninjured and the vehicle suffered minor damage.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's