Fire crews rescue injured deer
The animal ended up in a stream after running out in front of a car.
FIRE FIGHTERS were called to the rescue after a deer ran out into the road and was hit by a car yesterday (Wed).
The young Roe deer ended up in a stream outside Watermouth Cove Holiday Park, near Ilfracombe, just before 6pm.
Fire crews from Combe Martin and a specialist team from Barnstaple attended the scene.
Fire fighter Scott Young from Barnstaple said: “We stabilised the scene and stayed with the deer until the vet came.
You may also want to watch:
“Sadly the animal had to be put down as a result of its injuries.”
The driver of the car was uninjured and the vehicle suffered minor damage.
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted