Fire crews called out to chimney fire in Axminster
- Credit: Archant
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service received a call reporting a chimney on fire at a property in Devon, yesterday (Saturday).
A fire engine from Axminster was immediately mobilised to the detached property, in All Saints, near Axminster, at 17.52pm.
A further two fire engines were mobilised as it was thought the roof could be involved following a call from the occupant.
Upon arrival of the first fire engine, they requested an aerial ladder platform to attend from Taunton and a further appliance from Charmouth.
They found fire was to be contained to the chimney but there was five per cent of smoke damage throughout.
You may also want to watch:
Fire fighters used two breathing apparatus sets, one hose reel jet, one safety jet, one thermal imaging camera, chimney gear and a gas monitor.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal