Fire crews fight blaze in building
Three fire crews attended a fire in Holsworthy in a ground floor airing cupboard which subsequently spread throughout the building.
THREE fire crews fought a blaze in a two-storey building this afternoon (Wed).
Fire engines from Holsworthy, Hatherleigh and Bude attended the fire at Manworthy Hill in the Holsworthy area just after 2pm.
A fire spokesman said: “Upon arrival crews confirmed a fire in a ground floor airing cupboard in a two storey building approx 30m x 10m well alight, and committed 2 breathing apparatus wearers and one hosereel.
“The fire subsequently spread to a void behind the kitchen units and breathing apparatus wearers were increased to six to assist in cutting away to expose the fire.”
You may also want to watch:
At 3.30pm the fire service reported that the incident was still ongoing, but good progress was being made.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge