Fire crews cut away floor boards at Halwill chimney fire

NDG-FIRE-ENGINE-LEAVING-BASE

- Credit: Archant

Smoke was entering the first floor after a fire broke out in a cottage’s chimney.

FIRE crews had to cut away floorboards at a cottage in Halwill after a fire broke out in the chimney on Sunday lunchtime.

A crew from Holsworthy arrived at the scene just before 1pm and requested back up to arrive from Hatherleigh.

Fire fighters confirmed the fire involved a solid fuel stove and smoke was entering the first floor due to the chimney being lined with a steel liner.

Crews got to work cutting away the floor boards, extinguishing the fire using chimney gear, and remained on scene to cool the fire.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus