Fire crews called to Barnstaple Tax Office

FINANCIAL meltdown was feared after smoke was reported at the Tax Office in Barnstaple just after midnight yesterday (Wednesday.) Two fire appliances plus the aerial ladder from Barnstaple were sent to the scene after on site security guards reported th

'FINANCIAL meltdown' was feared after smoke was reported at the Tax Office in Barnstaple just after midnight yesterday (Wednesday.)

Two fire appliances plus the aerial ladder from Barnstaple were sent to the scene after on site security guards reported the smell of smoke on the ground floor of the building at about 12.15am.

Crews investigated and traced the source to a small fire in an electrical distribution board. After isolating the power they left the incident in the hands of those on scene.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus