Fire crews called to Appledore Primary School

NDG-FIRE-ENGINE1-wk47

- Credit: Archant

Fire fighters deal with toilet roll fire in cupboard.

TWO fire crews were called to Appledore Primary School yesterday (Thursday) after a fire in a cupboard.

Fire engines from Bideford and Appledore attended the school in Kingsley Avenue at around 11.10am and reported a small fire involving a light and a toilet roll.

They used a CO2 extinguisher to put it out and isolated the electric. The fire service said the fire was accidental.

The headteacher said the fire had been minimal and was dealt with very quickly. The children were briefly evacuated for five minutes before being able to return to their lessons.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus