Fire crews battle garage blaze for more than six hours
Garage and car severely damaged by fire in Chulmleigh area this morning (Thurs).
A FIRE investigation is being carried out after crews spent more than six hours battling a blaze in a garage this morning (Thur).
Three fire engines from Chulmleigh, Witheridge and South Molton were called to the scene in Park Mill Lane, Chulmleigh, just after midnight.
On arrival they discovered a single storey garage containing a car and a quantity of petrol, paint and thinners well alight.
The crews fought the blaze using two main jets and one hose reel jet and reported at around 2.30am steady progress was being made.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue said the car and building were severely damaged by the fire, which was reported to be out just after 6.30am.
An investigation into the cause of the fire is being carried out.
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 4 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 5 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 6 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 7 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 8 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
- 9 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 10 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs