Fire crews battle garage blaze for more than six hours
Garage and car severely damaged by fire in Chulmleigh area this morning (Thurs).
A FIRE investigation is being carried out after crews spent more than six hours battling a blaze in a garage this morning (Thur).
Three fire engines from Chulmleigh, Witheridge and South Molton were called to the scene in Park Mill Lane, Chulmleigh, just after midnight.
On arrival they discovered a single storey garage containing a car and a quantity of petrol, paint and thinners well alight.
The crews fought the blaze using two main jets and one hose reel jet and reported at around 2.30am steady progress was being made.
You may also want to watch:
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue said the car and building were severely damaged by the fire, which was reported to be out just after 6.30am.
An investigation into the cause of the fire is being carried out.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 7 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 8 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial