Fire crews battle garage blaze for more than six hours
Garage and car severely damaged by fire in Chulmleigh area this morning (Thurs).
A FIRE investigation is being carried out after crews spent more than six hours battling a blaze in a garage this morning (Thur).
Three fire engines from Chulmleigh, Witheridge and South Molton were called to the scene in Park Mill Lane, Chulmleigh, just after midnight.
On arrival they discovered a single storey garage containing a car and a quantity of petrol, paint and thinners well alight.
The crews fought the blaze using two main jets and one hose reel jet and reported at around 2.30am steady progress was being made.
You may also want to watch:
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue said the car and building were severely damaged by the fire, which was reported to be out just after 6.30am.
An investigation into the cause of the fire is being carried out.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 7 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment