Fire broke out above shop in Oxford Grove on Saturday evening

Two crews from Ilfracombe fire station were mobilised to a flat fire in High street in Ilfracombe last night (Saturday).

One resident female was found to be suffering from smoke inhalation and was given oxygen therapy by the attending crews, who were called out at 6.30pm.

The small fire involved curtains of a flat on the fourth floor, above a shop.

The fire was extinguished by 7.55pm. Damage was confined to the window area of a flat and the cause was believed to be accidental.