ONE person was treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at a flat in Ilfracombe yesterday (Wednesday.) Police were called to assist fire crews at around 3.50pm, because it was at first feared someone might be trapped inside the building. But on arriv

ONE person was treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at a flat in Ilfracombe yesterday (Wednesday.)Police were called to assist fire crews at around 3.50pm, because it was at first feared someone might be trapped inside the building.But on arrival the fire was out and one man was being treated on scene by West Country Ambulance staff after he was affected by fumes.The cause of the fire was thought to be an overcooked potato in a microwave oven.