Fire at Parracombe School - new pictures
A quarter of building “well alight” at West Exmoor school, fire crews report. See reader pictures from this morning’s blaze
FIRE fighters are tackling a blaze at Parracombe Primary School this morning, with a quarter of the building said to be well alight.
No injuries have been reported and fire crews from Combe Martin, Lynton, Ilfracombe and Barnstaple are still on scene carrying out salvage operations.
The alarm was raised at around 6.45am and the fire appears to have been centred on a classroom, staff room and kitchen area.
The cause of the fire is not yet known and it is also unknown when the school will reopen.
Parracombe is part of the West Exmoor Federation of schools which incorporates Lynton and Kentisbury. It is understood Parracombe pupils are currently at Kentisbury School as staff make temporary arrangements.
- 1 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 2 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 3 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 4 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 5 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 6 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 7 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 10 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?