Fire at Parracombe School - new pictures
A quarter of building “well alight” at West Exmoor school, fire crews report. See reader pictures from this morning’s blaze
FIRE fighters are tackling a blaze at Parracombe Primary School this morning, with a quarter of the building said to be well alight.
No injuries have been reported and fire crews from Combe Martin, Lynton, Ilfracombe and Barnstaple are still on scene carrying out salvage operations.
The alarm was raised at around 6.45am and the fire appears to have been centred on a classroom, staff room and kitchen area.
The cause of the fire is not yet known and it is also unknown when the school will reopen.
You may also want to watch:
Parracombe is part of the West Exmoor Federation of schools which incorporates Lynton and Kentisbury. It is understood Parracombe pupils are currently at Kentisbury School as staff make temporary arrangements.
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 8 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 9 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 10 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe