Fire at Parracombe School - new pictures
A quarter of building “well alight” at West Exmoor school, fire crews report. See reader pictures from this morning’s blaze
FIRE fighters are tackling a blaze at Parracombe Primary School this morning, with a quarter of the building said to be well alight.
No injuries have been reported and fire crews from Combe Martin, Lynton, Ilfracombe and Barnstaple are still on scene carrying out salvage operations.
The alarm was raised at around 6.45am and the fire appears to have been centred on a classroom, staff room and kitchen area.
The cause of the fire is not yet known and it is also unknown when the school will reopen.
You may also want to watch:
Parracombe is part of the West Exmoor Federation of schools which incorporates Lynton and Kentisbury. It is understood Parracombe pupils are currently at Kentisbury School as staff make temporary arrangements.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 5 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 6 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year