Fire crews called to ‘small fire’ at North Devon District Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services were called to deal with a fire at North Devon District Hospital on Monday morning (April 27).
Fire crews and police attended the hospital after a ‘small fire’ broke out.
A statement from Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust confirmed the fire had been contained and extinguished.
It said no staff or patients had been affected and services are running as normal.
Jill Canning, deputy chief operating officer at Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust said: “We can confirm that there has been a small and contained fire this morning at North Devon District Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“The fire was attended by the fire service and the police and it has been extinguished. No patients or staff have been affected and our services are running as normal.
“If patients have any questions they can contact our PALS service who can assist.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
“Thank you to our staff and the emergency services for their assistance.”