Fire at Instow pub

Early morning blaze thought to have been caused by tumble drier

FIREFIGHTERS were called to put out a fire in an Instow pub earlier this morning (Monday).

Two crews from Bideford used breathing apparatus, hose reels, a jet and thermal image camera to tackle the blaze at the Instow Arms on Marine Parade at around 7.30am

A further team from Barnstaple used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the property of smoke, thought to have been caused by a tumble drier in a rear room of the building.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter