Fire at former Ilfracombe hotel
Firefighters from across North Devon tackle Torrs Park blaze
FIREFIGHTERS are currently battling a widespread fire at a former Ilfracombe hotel.
Eight fire engines from across North Devon are tackling the blaze at the unoccupied Southcliffe Hotel, in Torrs Park.
Many people telephoned emergency services to raise the alarm just after 6am.
Two appliances from Ilfracombe were soon joined by a further two crews, as well as the water bowser and aerial ladder platform from Barnstaple.
You may also want to watch:
A short time later another two crews were requested and units from Combe Martin, Lynton and Woolacombe are now also attendance along with the incident command unit from Ilfracombe, crewed by firefighters from Braunton.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue originally said that fire was at the Glen Tor Hotel but have since confirmed that blaze is at the nearby 75-room Southcliffe.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
The fire is affecting 50 per cent of all floors.