Fire at Braunton school

Emergency services deal with fire in toilets at the Community College

FIRE fighters were called to Braunton Community College on Wednesday after a fire alarm went off.

When they arrived a small fire was discovered in a toilet cubicle and a second appliance from Barnstaple was also sent.

Crews used one hose reel jet, two sets of breathing apparatus and positive pressure ventilation to extinguish the fire. The cubicle was left severely damaged. The police also attended.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus