Crews from Barnstaple attended the incident this morning (Thursday).

Fire and ambulance crews were called to a fire in Barnstaple this morning.

Two fire crews from Barnstaple were sent to Shrubbery Close where a tumble drier had caught alight.

Breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet, a safety jet and a ventilation fan was used to tackle the fire and clear it of smoke.

The cause of the blaze, which occurred in the utility room of the property, was accidental.

One resident was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation.