Fill up for North Devon Hospice
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Don’t miss a Big Breakfast event near you and help raise money at the same time.
LOVERS of sizzling sausages, crispy croissants or tasty toast in the morning are invited to join a North Devon Hospice’s Big Breakfast this month.
Establishments across North Devon are laying on a bountiful brekkie to which the local community are invited to go along and enjoy the delicious food on offer, while making a donation to the hospice in return.
“Going along to your local Big Breakfast is a really easy way to support the hospice,” said Gerard Fawcitt, from the hospice’s fundraising team.
“With locations throughout North Devon, there is bound to be one on your doorstep and you’ll be guaranteed a warm welcome as well as some fabulous food.”
You may also want to watch:
The Big Breakfast is once again being sponsored by Philip Dennis Foodservice and is taking place in a variety of settings throughout the area, from pubs and hotels, to churches and village halls.
Gerard added: “Last year the event raised a whopping £20,000 for, which is an amazing amount to be raised by people going out to enjoy breakfast. At a time when we are expanding our services to provide even more care in people’s own home, this amount of fundraising makes a real difference to our patients and their families.”
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 7 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 8 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial
Chris Dennis of sponsors Philip Dennis added: “The Big Breakfast event is right up our street because it brings people together whilst enjoying the most important meal of the day. It has been fantastic to watch the event grow over the last five years, and now there is a Big Breakfast taking place in almost every community across North Devon.
To find out about more about Big Breakfast, visit www.northdevonhospice.org.uk or call Gerard on 01271 347224.
Fill up on a Big Breakfasts at the following dates and venues –
Saturday, April 13: Christ Church, Bear Street, Barnstaple, 8am-12noon; The Black Horse Hotel, Torrington 9am-12noon; The Red Lion, Chulmleigh 9-11.30am; The Bell, Parkham 10am-12.30pm.
Sunday, April 14: Filleigh Village Hall 9am-12noon; Weare Gifford 9.30am–1.30pm.
Wednesday, April 17: The Old Market Inn, Holsworthy 8.30am-12noon.
Saturday, April 20: The Coach and Horses, Buckland Brewer 9-11.30am; Grosvenor Church, Barnstaple 9.30am-12.30pm; The Union Inn, Dolton 8.30-11.30am; Manor House Inn, Croyde 9am-12noon;
Saturday, April 27: The Bradworthy Inn, Bradworthy 9.30am- 12noon.