Figures show dramatic fall in recorded crime
Police pleased with positive outcome
REPORTED crime in the South Molton area has fallen by 55 per cent since 2004, police revealed today.
Crime figures for 2010 in both the town and rural sectors continued to follow the trend of falling year on year.
PC Graham James, neighbourhood beat manager for the town, said: “I am delighted with the fact that crime has once again been significantly reduced over this period.
“It is very pleasing to see that all our efforts as a team of staff and officers at South Molton has ended up with such a positive outcome.
You may also want to watch:
“We are, of course, determined to keep working hard as a team and are committed top further reducing this figure if at all possible.”
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 3 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 7 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs