Figures show dramatic fall in recorded crime
Police pleased with positive outcome
REPORTED crime in the South Molton area has fallen by 55 per cent since 2004, police revealed today.
Crime figures for 2010 in both the town and rural sectors continued to follow the trend of falling year on year.
PC Graham James, neighbourhood beat manager for the town, said: “I am delighted with the fact that crime has once again been significantly reduced over this period.
“It is very pleasing to see that all our efforts as a team of staff and officers at South Molton has ended up with such a positive outcome.
You may also want to watch:
“We are, of course, determined to keep working hard as a team and are committed top further reducing this figure if at all possible.”
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 8 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses