Figures show dramatic fall in recorded crime
Police pleased with positive outcome
REPORTED crime in the South Molton area has fallen by 55 per cent since 2004, police revealed today.
Crime figures for 2010 in both the town and rural sectors continued to follow the trend of falling year on year.
PC Graham James, neighbourhood beat manager for the town, said: “I am delighted with the fact that crime has once again been significantly reduced over this period.
“It is very pleasing to see that all our efforts as a team of staff and officers at South Molton has ended up with such a positive outcome.
You may also want to watch:
“We are, of course, determined to keep working hard as a team and are committed top further reducing this figure if at all possible.”
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 7 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 8 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 9 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council