Fight for free parking is ‘back on agenda’ in Bideford
- Credit: Archant
Bideford and District Chamber of Commerce is looking to tackle ‘real issue’ of parking in the town.
The fight for free parking in Bideford is back on the agenda, according to the president of the Bideford and District Chamber of Commerce.
Maria Bailey, who was voted in for a second term as president of the chamber this year, said parking was a ‘real issue’ in the town.
She told the Gazette: “There isn’t a day that goes by when one of the chamber members doesn’t comment on parking in the town.
“I know before we have discussed barrier parking and we will be bringing these proposals to fruition again.
You may also want to watch:
“I know it is difficult for Torridge District Council but parking in Bideford is so expensive compared to other areas and it’s not good at all.”
Maria said the last 12 months, the chamber had been working on its vision for the town, and had been making steady progress so far.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 4 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 5 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 6 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
Speaking of her re-election as president of the chamber, Maria added: “We thought it would be good to have the same executive members again, so that we had some stability going forward.
“We’re raising the profile of the chamber and getting around the table.”