Festive outing for Ilfracombe nursing home residents
RESIDENTS at Edenmore Nursing Home in Ilfracombe have begun gearing up for Christmas following a festive outing to Trelawney Garden Centre at Ashford. A party from the 48-bed PSP Healthcare home took tea and cakes in the centre s restaurant before visitin
RESIDENTS at Edenmore Nursing Home in Ilfracombe have begun gearing up for Christmas following a festive outing to Trelawney Garden Centre at Ashford.
A party from the 48-bed PSP Healthcare home took tea and cakes in the centre's restaurant before visiting the Christmas decorations and having their photo taken alongside Santa.
The visit marked the start of a season of festive activities for Edenmore, which will also be inviting local elderly people to join in the fun with its new "Christmas Cheer and Care" scheme to be introduced in December.
"Christmas is always a busy time for Edenmore and this year will be no exception!" said home manager Elizabeth Thompson.
You may also want to watch:
"There's a real family atmosphere in the home which makes this time of year particularly special for staff as well as residents and their families.
- 1 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 2 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 3 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 4 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 5 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 6 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 7 Mercy for man who took part in Bideford Quay affray
- 8 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 9 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 10 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton