Festive outing for Ilfracombe nursing home residents
RESIDENTS at Edenmore Nursing Home in Ilfracombe have begun gearing up for Christmas following a festive outing to Trelawney Garden Centre at Ashford. A party from the 48-bed PSP Healthcare home took tea and cakes in the centre s restaurant before visitin
RESIDENTS at Edenmore Nursing Home in Ilfracombe have begun gearing up for Christmas following a festive outing to Trelawney Garden Centre at Ashford.
A party from the 48-bed PSP Healthcare home took tea and cakes in the centre's restaurant before visiting the Christmas decorations and having their photo taken alongside Santa.
The visit marked the start of a season of festive activities for Edenmore, which will also be inviting local elderly people to join in the fun with its new "Christmas Cheer and Care" scheme to be introduced in December.
"Christmas is always a busy time for Edenmore and this year will be no exception!" said home manager Elizabeth Thompson.
You may also want to watch:
"There's a real family atmosphere in the home which makes this time of year particularly special for staff as well as residents and their families.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley