Festive outing for Ilfracombe nursing home residents
RESIDENTS at Edenmore Nursing Home in Ilfracombe have begun gearing up for Christmas following a festive outing to Trelawney Garden Centre at Ashford. A party from the 48-bed PSP Healthcare home took tea and cakes in the centre s restaurant before visitin
RESIDENTS at Edenmore Nursing Home in Ilfracombe have begun gearing up for Christmas following a festive outing to Trelawney Garden Centre at Ashford.
A party from the 48-bed PSP Healthcare home took tea and cakes in the centre's restaurant before visiting the Christmas decorations and having their photo taken alongside Santa.
The visit marked the start of a season of festive activities for Edenmore, which will also be inviting local elderly people to join in the fun with its new "Christmas Cheer and Care" scheme to be introduced in December.
"Christmas is always a busy time for Edenmore and this year will be no exception!" said home manager Elizabeth Thompson.
You may also want to watch:
"There's a real family atmosphere in the home which makes this time of year particularly special for staff as well as residents and their families.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon