Festive events planned throughout Bideford
- Credit: Archant
Bideford Pannier Market and Jubilee Square will play host to a number of festive treats this December.
BIDEFORD Pannier Market and Jubilee Square will be hosting a number of festive events this Christmas.
A Dickensian Fayre will be held at the Pannier Market on Saturday to coincide with the Signing of the Lease ceremony.
Councillors will gather in their finery as Bideford Town Band plays a lively selection and Bideford 500 presents Victorian entertainment.
On Saturday 14 and 21, Bideford Farmers’ Market will present festive delights in Jubilee Square and the Pannier Market, with food, bands and evening entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
Bideford Town Council’s tourism committee will also be putting on events in the Pannier Market to coincide with the free parking.
On December 14, Balloonatic will be showing his skills and dexterity, Steve Manning will be telling tales and Captain Coconut’s bubble machine will entertain the crowds.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
On December 21, Appledore Silver Band will be playing and Entertainingly Different will be performing their special Christmas Show.
There will also be a surprise appearance by a special guest – Father Christmas himself.
If you’ve left Christmas shopping to the last minute, make a dash to a festive farmers’ market on Monday, December 23, or a special Christmas Eve market the following day, both in the Pannier Market and Jubilee Square.
During each of the events, there will also be a free vintage shuttle service from the Quay to the Pannier Market.