Feathery fun at Barnstaple museum
FEATHERS, wool and felt are some of the things being used to give traditional images a unique and artistic twist at free activities this Easter holiday. Between 2-4pm on Wednesday, April 7, special art and craft activities are taking place at the North De
FEATHERS, wool and felt are some of the things being used to give traditional images a unique and artistic twist at free activities this Easter holiday.
Between 2-4pm on Wednesday, April 7, special art and craft activities are taking place at the North Devon Museum, which is funded by North Devon Council.
Visitors can look at traditional bird and bloom designs as inspiration to create their own exotic birds and funky flowers.
A second session is taking place on Wednesday, April 14 from 2-4pm, to finish off work or to start something new.
You may also want to watch:
"This is the perfect opportunity for the whole family to have a go at giving traditional pictures a fresh new modern look," said the council's lead member for community and leisure, Councillor Dick Jones.
"I encourage everyone to visit the museum as there is always something going on. So come along and see for yourself."
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
The event is being delivered by Playworks.uk as part of Project Panda, bringing free play activities into North Devon. Funding has been provided by the Big Lottery Fund.