Feathery fun at Barnstaple museum
FEATHERS, wool and felt are some of the things being used to give traditional images a unique and artistic twist at free activities this Easter holiday. Between 2-4pm on Wednesday, April 7, special art and craft activities are taking place at the North De
FEATHERS, wool and felt are some of the things being used to give traditional images a unique and artistic twist at free activities this Easter holiday.
Between 2-4pm on Wednesday, April 7, special art and craft activities are taking place at the North Devon Museum, which is funded by North Devon Council.
Visitors can look at traditional bird and bloom designs as inspiration to create their own exotic birds and funky flowers.
A second session is taking place on Wednesday, April 14 from 2-4pm, to finish off work or to start something new.
You may also want to watch:
"This is the perfect opportunity for the whole family to have a go at giving traditional pictures a fresh new modern look," said the council's lead member for community and leisure, Councillor Dick Jones.
"I encourage everyone to visit the museum as there is always something going on. So come along and see for yourself."
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 6 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
The event is being delivered by Playworks.uk as part of Project Panda, bringing free play activities into North Devon. Funding has been provided by the Big Lottery Fund.