Feathery fun at Barnstaple museum
FEATHERS, wool and felt are some of the things being used to give traditional images a unique and artistic twist at free activities this Easter holiday. Between 2-4pm on Wednesday, April 7, special art and craft activities are taking place at the North De
FEATHERS, wool and felt are some of the things being used to give traditional images a unique and artistic twist at free activities this Easter holiday.
Between 2-4pm on Wednesday, April 7, special art and craft activities are taking place at the North Devon Museum, which is funded by North Devon Council.
Visitors can look at traditional bird and bloom designs as inspiration to create their own exotic birds and funky flowers.
A second session is taking place on Wednesday, April 14 from 2-4pm, to finish off work or to start something new.
You may also want to watch:
"This is the perfect opportunity for the whole family to have a go at giving traditional pictures a fresh new modern look," said the council's lead member for community and leisure, Councillor Dick Jones.
"I encourage everyone to visit the museum as there is always something going on. So come along and see for yourself."
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 7 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
The event is being delivered by Playworks.uk as part of Project Panda, bringing free play activities into North Devon. Funding has been provided by the Big Lottery Fund.