‘Fearsome’ Velociraptor ride is open for entry
- Credit: Archant
Sign up for either the 100-mile, 100km or six-mile taster on ‘fun and friendly’ ride for North Devon Hospice.
The popular North Devon Velociraptor cycle event is now open for registration.
The ‘beast of a ride’ on Sunday, September 11, offers a 100km or a 100-mile route, and a six-mile taster.
The event will be raising money for North Devon Hospice.
Co-organiser Andy Unstead said the ride contains some fearsome hills but is a fun and friendly event.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It is all about enjoying the incredible scenery and cycling roads that we’re lucky enough to have in North Devon.
“The ride has a great sense of camaraderie, which is typified when we all roll out of the start line and the feed stations together.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 8 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
“It really is a unique experience, and we hope to see many hundreds of riders sign up to take part.”
This year’s event is backed by Carb Cycles in Barnstaple.
Owner Mike Parker said: “It is a local event, showcasing the very best local cycling roads, all raising money for a fantastic local charity.”
The Velociraptor starts and finishes at the Tarka Tennis Centre in Barnstaple.
Register your place online at www.velociraptorcycle.org.uk.
For more North Devon stories visit our news feed here.