Faulty kettle causes fire at South Molton

NDG-FIRE-ENGINE-LEAVING-BASE

- Credit: Archant

Three fire crews from Barnstaple and South Molton were called to the scene.

THREE fire engines were called to a property in South Molton on Thursday to reports that a building was on fire.

When they arrived at Cottage Homes at 5.15pm, they found a bungalow to be smoke logged.

Crews donned breathing apparatus and used a gas detector as there was concern carbon monoxide was also present in the house.

No reading was found on the gas detector and the alarm was believed to have been caused by a faulty kettle.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter