Fatal crash on A39 near Bideford
- Credit: Archant
Updated: Female passenger, 67, dies in two-vehicle collision.
A WOMAN has died following a crash on the A39 near Bideford earlier today (Saturday).
The 67-year-old was a passenger in a red Ford Ka that collided with a red Volkswagen Scirocco TDI coupe.
Both cars were locally registered and police said next of kin have now been informed.
Two men were also seriously injured in the crash, which happened shortly after 1.30pm, about a mile from Bideford.
You may also want to watch:
One man has been transferred to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth with what police have described as ‘life threatening’ injuries.
The other casualty is understood to be receiving treatment for a broken leg at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 7 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
Force incident manager Inspector Pete Turner said the A39 remained closed in both directions from the Heywood Road roundabout in Bideford to the Roundswell roundabout in Barnstaple.
He said: “An investigation is now under way to establish the cause of the crash. We would urge anyone who witnessed the incident to call 101 quoting log number 440 of February 22.”