Fatal crash on A39 near Bideford
- Credit: Archant
Updated: Female passenger, 67, dies in two-vehicle collision.
A WOMAN has died following a crash on the A39 near Bideford earlier today (Saturday).
The 67-year-old was a passenger in a red Ford Ka that collided with a red Volkswagen Scirocco TDI coupe.
Both cars were locally registered and police said next of kin have now been informed.
Two men were also seriously injured in the crash, which happened shortly after 1.30pm, about a mile from Bideford.
You may also want to watch:
One man has been transferred to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth with what police have described as ‘life threatening’ injuries.
The other casualty is understood to be receiving treatment for a broken leg at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial
Force incident manager Inspector Pete Turner said the A39 remained closed in both directions from the Heywood Road roundabout in Bideford to the Roundswell roundabout in Barnstaple.
He said: “An investigation is now under way to establish the cause of the crash. We would urge anyone who witnessed the incident to call 101 quoting log number 440 of February 22.”