Fashion show magic for WAND
- Credit: Archant
M&Co show in Barnstaple raises money for local charity.
A fashion show hosted to help Barnstaple mental health charity WAND has been hailed a huge success.
The event on Thursday was hosted by M&Co in its store at Green Lanes Shopping Centre and raised £534 towards running the charity’s free support help line.
The store offered to stage the show after being approached by town councillor Simon Harvey, who was keen to organise a fund raiser to mark the 10th anniversary of his wife’s death.
Catarina Harvey suffered from mental health issues for several years and sadly finally took her own life.
You may also want to watch:
Thursday’s show also coincided with World Mental Health Day, and featured some of the latest M&Co clothing lines, modelled by volunteers and staff who readily gave their time to help.
Store manager Kathryn Cory said the company was always keen to help both local and national charities: “It’s my pleasure to be able to support such a valid local charity on what is a particularly poignant day,” she said.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 A dose of rugby reality for Barnstaple
Stella Ansell of WAND added: “A big thank you to all those involved, all the businesses that donated raffle prizes, the models and also the staff of M&Co who worked extremely hard to make the event a success.”