Fashion show magic for WAND
- Credit: Archant
M&Co show in Barnstaple raises money for local charity.
A fashion show hosted to help Barnstaple mental health charity WAND has been hailed a huge success.
The event on Thursday was hosted by M&Co in its store at Green Lanes Shopping Centre and raised £534 towards running the charity’s free support help line.
The store offered to stage the show after being approached by town councillor Simon Harvey, who was keen to organise a fund raiser to mark the 10th anniversary of his wife’s death.
Catarina Harvey suffered from mental health issues for several years and sadly finally took her own life.
You may also want to watch:
Thursday’s show also coincided with World Mental Health Day, and featured some of the latest M&Co clothing lines, modelled by volunteers and staff who readily gave their time to help.
Store manager Kathryn Cory said the company was always keen to help both local and national charities: “It’s my pleasure to be able to support such a valid local charity on what is a particularly poignant day,” she said.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 6 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 7 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
Stella Ansell of WAND added: “A big thank you to all those involved, all the businesses that donated raffle prizes, the models and also the staff of M&Co who worked extremely hard to make the event a success.”