Fashion bargains and help your local Red Cross at Barnstaple show
SHOPPERS feeling the credit squeeze can buy designer clothes and high street labels at discount prices while helping raise money for charity at a fun fashion show in Barnstaple on Tuesday, September 22. The event is being staged by the Barnstaple branch o
SHOPPERS feeling the credit squeeze can buy designer clothes and high street labels at discount prices while helping raise money for charity at a fun fashion show in Barnstaple on Tuesday, September 22.
The event is being staged by the Barnstaple branch of the British Red Cross and hosted by St John's Garden Centre at Newport, which has donated its restaurant premises free for the evening.
All the clothes on offer are new season stock, discounted to half of the high street price. Local ladies of varying ages and sizes will be modelling the outfits and there'll be plenty of opportunity to try clothes on. There is no pressure at all for people to buy, but if they do choose to, payment can be accepted by cash, cheque or card
"All money raised during the evening will provide vital funds for our services in Devon and we're all looking forward to a fun evening," said Paul Willerton, Barnstaple Red Cross branch co-ordinator.
You may also want to watch:
"Many people know the Red Cross provides event First Aid, but are not aware of some of the other services we carry out such as free first aid courses for community and vulnerable groups, emergency response, fire emergency Support and the medical equipment service."
The Fun Fashion Show begins at 7.30pm, with doors open at 7. Refreshments will be available. Tickets are priced at �5 and can be purchased by contacting Paul on firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda Antell on (01271) 346246.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 8 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising