Farming seminar at Holsworthy
An evening seminar is taking place at Holsworthy Golf Club to help Devon farmers make sense of recent rulings and changes to tax legislation. The seminar, led by Mary Jane Campbell and David Fowler from the agricultural teams at chartered accountants Si
An evening seminar is taking place at Holsworthy Golf Club to help Devon farmers make sense of recent rulings and changes to tax legislation.
The seminar, led by Mary Jane Campbell and David Fowler from the agricultural teams at chartered accountants Simpkins Edwards and Lloyds TSB, will specifically address the issues of agricultural and business property reliefs, the impending changes to the tax treatment of holiday lets and post recession banking.
The seminar will also feature locally based land agent Mark Bunt of Kivells who will discuss "How to stay farming by use of appropriate agreements".to provide further practical guidance and support.
Simpkins Edwards' Mary Jane Campbell said: "The tax environment with which farmers have to contend changes with blinding speed. This, coupled with the impact of the recession, makes it difficult to plan effectively.
You may also want to watch:
"We hope the seminar will provide some perspective for the farming community regarding the options and opportunities open to them supported by some practical guidance from experienced professionals."
The seminar takes place on Wednesday, November 11 at Holsworthy Golf Club commencing at 7.00 pm and will be followed by light refreshments.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
Further details and registration is available by contacting Simpkins Edwards on (01392) 211233 or mailing email@example.com