Farming seminar at Holsworthy
An evening seminar is taking place at Holsworthy Golf Club to help Devon farmers make sense of recent rulings and changes to tax legislation. The seminar, led by Mary Jane Campbell and David Fowler from the agricultural teams at chartered accountants Si
An evening seminar is taking place at Holsworthy Golf Club to help Devon farmers make sense of recent rulings and changes to tax legislation.
The seminar, led by Mary Jane Campbell and David Fowler from the agricultural teams at chartered accountants Simpkins Edwards and Lloyds TSB, will specifically address the issues of agricultural and business property reliefs, the impending changes to the tax treatment of holiday lets and post recession banking.
The seminar will also feature locally based land agent Mark Bunt of Kivells who will discuss "How to stay farming by use of appropriate agreements".to provide further practical guidance and support.
Simpkins Edwards' Mary Jane Campbell said: "The tax environment with which farmers have to contend changes with blinding speed. This, coupled with the impact of the recession, makes it difficult to plan effectively.
You may also want to watch:
"We hope the seminar will provide some perspective for the farming community regarding the options and opportunities open to them supported by some practical guidance from experienced professionals."
The seminar takes place on Wednesday, November 11 at Holsworthy Golf Club commencing at 7.00 pm and will be followed by light refreshments.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 5 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 6 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 7 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 8 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
Further details and registration is available by contacting Simpkins Edwards on (01392) 211233 or mailing email@example.com