Farmers’ markets return to Bideford Quay
- Credit: Archant
Popular waterfront market season set to resume next week.
BIDEFORD’S popular farmers’ market is making a welcome return to the quay from next weekend.
A season of top quality open air local fare starts on Saturday, March 30 from 9am-2pm, and then throughout the summer on a regular basis.
Producers from across the Torridge district will be displaying a range of goods including fresh fish meats and vegetables; cheeses and chutneys; homemade baked goodies; herbs and sauces, preserves, plants, bread, fudge, pickles and pâté.
And customers arriving by car after midday can take advantage of the free parking in the Pill car park.
You may also want to watch:
Torridge’s lead member for the economy, Councillor Phil Collins, said: “Local farmers’ markets such as these are an important part of reducing food miles and supporting our local producers.
“This market shows just how fortunate we are in Torridge to have such a great variety and quality to choose from, do pop into Bideford and see for yourself what’s on offer.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
For up to date information, or to book a pitch, visit www.torridge.gov.uk/bidefordfarmersmarket
Farmers’ market dates:
Saturday 30th March
Saturday 13th April
Saturday 27th April
Saturday 11th May
Saturday 25th May
Saturday 8th June
Saturday 22nd June
Saturday 29th June
Saturday 13th July
Saturday 27th July
Saturday 10th August
Saturday 24th August
Saturday 31st August