Farmers’ market moves to new home for winter
A new association will run the farmers’ market throughout the winter months in Bideford.
The farmers’ market in Bideford will be running through the winter this year from a new location.
Cheeses, chutneys, meats, fish and more will be available from local producers in Jubilee Square every second and fourth Saturday.
The market, run by the newly-formed Bideford Farmers’ Market Association, starts this Saturday.
Chairman of the association, Dan ‘the Fish Man’ Garnett, said: “We’re really pleased to be working in partnership with Torridge District Council and also to be standing on our own two feet.
“We wanted to thank local people for their continued support in these tough economic times and hope people will continue to support us.”
The market will run from 9am until 2pm.
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 4 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 5 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 6 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 7 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 8 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?