Farm worker ‘critical’ after tractor hits live power cable
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple man in Exeter intensive care after Torrington incident.
A Barnstaple man is in a critical condition after the tractor he was on hit a live electricity cable yesterday (Wednesday).
The 28-year-old was taken to hospital by air ambulance following the 2.45pm incident at Huntshaw near Torrington.
A second farm worker, from Torrington, received minor injuries and a third was uninjured, police said.
The seriously injured man was taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital where he remains in intensive care, with his condition described as critical but stable.
You may also want to watch:
The Health and Safety Executive is investigating the incident.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 9 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford