Farm worker ‘critical’ after tractor hits live power cable
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple man in Exeter intensive care after Torrington incident.
A Barnstaple man is in a critical condition after the tractor he was on hit a live electricity cable yesterday (Wednesday).
The 28-year-old was taken to hospital by air ambulance following the 2.45pm incident at Huntshaw near Torrington.
A second farm worker, from Torrington, received minor injuries and a third was uninjured, police said.
The seriously injured man was taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital where he remains in intensive care, with his condition described as critical but stable.
You may also want to watch:
The Health and Safety Executive is investigating the incident.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand