Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- Credit: NDC
Families and youngsters from across North Devon are invited to head down to Yeo Valley Woodland for some spooky fun this Halloween.
Kids can spend the afternoon carving pumpkins and making spooky crafts, while parents enjoy a BBQ and refreshments in the open air at this fun family event. Come along in your scariest costume and you could win a prize!
The Halloween event takes place on Friday, October 29, from 3pm-6pm with judging for the fancy-dress competition at 5pm and judging for the best pumpkin carving at 5.30pm.
Pumpkin carving costs £2.50 and all proceeds go towards the Children’s Summer Club and Friends of Yeo Valley Community Woodland.
Local ward member for Barnstaple Pilton, councillor Mel Lovering, said: “It is absolutely fabulous that this event is going ahead this year. It has been a difficult year for many families in the local area and we are delighted that this family fun event is returning.
“Thank you to the Children’s Summer Club leaders and friends of the Yeo Valley woodland for organising this event.”
Local ward member for Barnstaple Pilton, councillor Jo Orange, added: “I am so pleased that the half term Halloween event at Yeo Valley is back for 2021 after being cancelled last year.
- 1 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 2 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 3 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 4 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 5 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 6 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 7 RGB's North Devon branches helping others this Christmas
- 8 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 9 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
- 10 OPINION: Surfers Not Street Children ambassadors visit Croyde
“This family friendly event is always a lot of fun There will be a barbecue and lots to do as well as the opportunity to find out more about our award-winning woodland and how you can get involved in the Friends group.”
Yeo Valley Woodland is a Green Flag award winning local nature reserve, situated off Silverwood Heights, Barnstaple.
There is no parking at the woodland, but visitors coming by car are advised to park carefully in Derby Road and use the entrance beyond the Kingdom Hall.
To find out more, contact North Devon Council’s Parks team on 01271 388326, email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the council on Facebook for news and future events.