Fancy dress fireman run over by fire engine
- Credit: Archant
Crew member dressed in bear outfit breaks leg during carnival procession incident.
A firefighter dressed in a bear outfit broke his leg after being run over by a fire engine during a carnival procession in Torrington on Saturday night.
Justin Matthews was walking alongside the vehicle at the head of the parade when he got his leg caught in the front wheel.
Graham Rooke, incident manager, said the fire engine had been making its way around a roundabout in Calf Street when the incident occurred at around 7pm.
He said: “It was a low-speed incident and an investigation is under way to establish exactly what happened.
You may also want to watch:
“Justin was taken to hospital and is now in plaster after breaking his left tibia.
“The message is that accidents can happen to anyone and even the emergency services are not immune.”
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 9 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 10 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia