SIR - I am researching the history of the Lindsley family who were living in Barnstaple in 1901.
The father, George William Lindsley, was the proprietor of The Golden Lion Inn where he was living with his wife Marie, daughter Mabel Helen (aged 19) and son Mark (aged 11). It is known that George and Marie were previously living in India where the children were born.
I would welcome any information that your readers may be able to provide on the Lindsley family and the Golden Lion Hotel at that time.
John Lindsley Everett
Tel: 01242 678123
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 2 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
- 10 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple