A young family was saved by a smoke alarm when fire broke out late at night in their home at Dolton. Bideford fire fighter Graham Rooke said there was no doubt that the alarm, which alerted the family had undoubtedly saved the lives of the young couple an

A young family was saved by a smoke alarm when fire broke out late at night in their home at Dolton.Bideford fire fighter Graham Rooke said there was no doubt that the alarm, which alerted the family had undoubtedly saved the lives of the young couple and their two children, aged two and one month."The owner of the house had been using a chip pan, but had then gone into the front room and fallen asleep," he said. "He was woken up by the smoke alarm going off.