Family pays tribute to Barnstaple motorcyclist
THE family of the Barnstaple motorcyclist killed at the Sticklepath roundabout have paid tribute to a father and grandfather who will be sorely missed. Robert Hanley, aged 52, was travelling from the Pottington area towards Bishops Tawton when his bike
THE family of the Barnstaple motorcyclist killed at the Sticklepath roundabout have paid tribute to a father and grandfather who "will be sorely missed."
Robert Hanley, aged 52, was travelling from the Pottington area towards Bishops Tawton when his bike was involved in a collision with a heavy goods vehicle last Wednesday lunchtime.
In a tribute released this morning (Tuesday,) his family said: "Rob was a family man with a wife of many years, two sons and a daughter and was also recently made a grandfather.
"Rob moved to Barnstaple four years ago to build a house with his sons, which he had almost completed.
You may also want to watch:
"He had made a lot of friends since moving to the county and will be sorely missed by all."
A 56-year-old Exeter man was arrested at the scene of the incident on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He has since been released on police bail until October 21.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
Police have appealed for witnesses to the collision, which occurred at around 1.25pm on the A361 Barnstaple Western bypass at the Sticklepath Roundabout.
IF you saw anything or have any information, contact the police on 08452 777444, quoting log 506 120809.