Family pays tribute to Barnstaple motorcyclist
THE family of the Barnstaple motorcyclist killed at the Sticklepath roundabout have paid tribute to a father and grandfather who will be sorely missed. Robert Hanley, aged 52, was travelling from the Pottington area towards Bishops Tawton when his bike
THE family of the Barnstaple motorcyclist killed at the Sticklepath roundabout have paid tribute to a father and grandfather who "will be sorely missed."
Robert Hanley, aged 52, was travelling from the Pottington area towards Bishops Tawton when his bike was involved in a collision with a heavy goods vehicle last Wednesday lunchtime.
In a tribute released this morning (Tuesday,) his family said: "Rob was a family man with a wife of many years, two sons and a daughter and was also recently made a grandfather.
"Rob moved to Barnstaple four years ago to build a house with his sons, which he had almost completed.
You may also want to watch:
"He had made a lot of friends since moving to the county and will be sorely missed by all."
A 56-year-old Exeter man was arrested at the scene of the incident on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He has since been released on police bail until October 21.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 9 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
Police have appealed for witnesses to the collision, which occurred at around 1.25pm on the A361 Barnstaple Western bypass at the Sticklepath Roundabout.
IF you saw anything or have any information, contact the police on 08452 777444, quoting log 506 120809.