Family pays tribute to Barnstaple motorcyclist
THE family of the Barnstaple motorcyclist killed at the Sticklepath roundabout have paid tribute to a father and grandfather who will be sorely missed. Robert Hanley, aged 52, was travelling from the Pottington area towards Bishops Tawton when his bike
THE family of the Barnstaple motorcyclist killed at the Sticklepath roundabout have paid tribute to a father and grandfather who "will be sorely missed."
Robert Hanley, aged 52, was travelling from the Pottington area towards Bishops Tawton when his bike was involved in a collision with a heavy goods vehicle last Wednesday lunchtime.
In a tribute released this morning (Tuesday,) his family said: "Rob was a family man with a wife of many years, two sons and a daughter and was also recently made a grandfather.
"Rob moved to Barnstaple four years ago to build a house with his sons, which he had almost completed.
"He had made a lot of friends since moving to the county and will be sorely missed by all."
A 56-year-old Exeter man was arrested at the scene of the incident on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He has since been released on police bail until October 21.
- 1 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 2 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 3 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 4 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 5 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
- 6 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 7 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 8 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 9 North Devon MP encourages community to go 'one step greener'
- 10 OPINION: Could you breath only through a straw? - North Devon Hospice
Police have appealed for witnesses to the collision, which occurred at around 1.25pm on the A361 Barnstaple Western bypass at the Sticklepath Roundabout.
IF you saw anything or have any information, contact the police on 08452 777444, quoting log 506 120809.