Family fun for Westward Ho! potwallopers
THE line-up for this year s Westward Ho! Potwalloping Festival is already looking good, with many new family-friendly events and participants confirmed as taking part. These include Samba DX, Dance Fit Belly dancing, Dog Agility with Devon Dogs, Jays An
THE line-up for this year's Westward Ho! Potwalloping Festival is already looking good, with many new family-friendly events and participants confirmed as taking part.
These include Samba DX, Dance Fit Belly dancing, Dog Agility with Devon Dogs, Jays Angels Majorettes, Ready Steady Cook and Westward Ho! Youth Club, who will be organising activities for families and young people at the clubhouse.
A Potwalloping Family Variety Show in the Kingsley Hall is another new event. If you are a performer and would like to take part in the show, contact Pete on 0787 868 8007 for further information.
There will be a real mix of musical genre in the marquee each night, with Tequila Rockingbird, Jax, Maybe Naked, The Midnight Toys and Sherry's Singing Club joining the ever-popular Wilderland, Zamba and Dambuskers.
You may also want to watch:
During the day, local folk and acoustic musicians will be welcome to play for both their own enjoyment and for that of festival visitors on the putting green.
This long established community festival runs for three days from May 29-31and is free to all, thanks to performers and organisers volunteering their services.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 4 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 5 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 6 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 7 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
The only exception is the charity fund-raising Open Gardens. If you are a gardener who might like to open for this event or wish more details, contact Ray or Ann on (01237) 423292 or email email@example.com
More information, including programme outlets, is available on the website www.potwalloping.co.uk. Or call 0798 0420 754.
Bideford Round Table will again be hosting their Human Table Football tournament on Sunday, May 30 between 11am and 2pm.
Organisers are looking for 16 teams of five people to enter on a sponsorship basis, raising an average sponsorship of �40 per player for charity.
Teams can be of any age, male or female. There will be trophies and a cup for the winning team.
To enter a team or to find out more, contact Ian on 07868 783879 or 0800 5944962.