Family fun day at Torrington Pool this weekend
- Credit: Archant
The day full of free events aims to encourage people of all ages to stay fit and active with taster sessions.
Torrington Pool will be hosting a free activity day for everyone on Saturday (July 2).
From 10am-3pm there will be a range of activities on offer from zorb football and badminton to aqua classes and rounders.
There will also be a bouncy castle and inflatable sessions in the pool.
Organiser Louise Colome said the day aims to prove getting fit doesn’t have to be boring.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We hope the day will provide a great deal of fun, where everyone from the youngest members of the family to the eldest can engage in fitness and exercise.
“Staff will be on hand to encourage everyone to take up an activity, class or sport to have some fun this summer.”
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Children will also be take part in the special Disney’s Finding Dory swimming campaign which is being run in partnership with the ASA, Disney and Change4Life.
It’s a healthy lifestyle campaign to promote swimming and three 1610 swimming pools including Torrington are taking part in it.
Children who take part in 3 or more swimming sessions can claim a free swim bag, plus the opportunity to win one of 10 Finding Dory prize bundles every day.
For more information contact Louise Colome on 01805 623085 or email email@example.com