Family change-around for insurance broker
It’s been busy year already for a local insurance broker as they have a management shift-around and win an award.
AN AWARD-winning insurance brokerage is changing hands, but the management won’t be straying too far from home.
Grenville Westinsure has been running since 1974, and after nearly 40 years, owner Alan Glover is handing over the reins to his son and daughter.
The firm, which is a family-run business under the Westinsure umbrella, won the ‘Westinsure broker of the year 2012’ award.
Alan Glover will be remaining as a consultant, but will be stepping back to a part-time role while his son, Robin, and daughter Sophie Tugwell take charge.
Mr Glover, whose wife Jayne is also a director of the branch, said: “I remember when we started you could insure a car for �8.50 or a household for as little as �2.50. A lot has changed since then.”
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage
- 10 Young Jack strides out again for charity