Family change-around for insurance broker
It’s been busy year already for a local insurance broker as they have a management shift-around and win an award.
AN AWARD-winning insurance brokerage is changing hands, but the management won’t be straying too far from home.
Grenville Westinsure has been running since 1974, and after nearly 40 years, owner Alan Glover is handing over the reins to his son and daughter.
The firm, which is a family-run business under the Westinsure umbrella, won the ‘Westinsure broker of the year 2012’ award.
Alan Glover will be remaining as a consultant, but will be stepping back to a part-time role while his son, Robin, and daughter Sophie Tugwell take charge.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Glover, whose wife Jayne is also a director of the branch, said: “I remember when we started you could insure a car for �8.50 or a household for as little as �2.50. A lot has changed since then.”
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl