Family change-around for insurance broker
It’s been busy year already for a local insurance broker as they have a management shift-around and win an award.
AN AWARD-winning insurance brokerage is changing hands, but the management won’t be straying too far from home.
Grenville Westinsure has been running since 1974, and after nearly 40 years, owner Alan Glover is handing over the reins to his son and daughter.
The firm, which is a family-run business under the Westinsure umbrella, won the ‘Westinsure broker of the year 2012’ award.
Alan Glover will be remaining as a consultant, but will be stepping back to a part-time role while his son, Robin, and daughter Sophie Tugwell take charge.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Glover, whose wife Jayne is also a director of the branch, said: “I remember when we started you could insure a car for �8.50 or a household for as little as �2.50. A lot has changed since then.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 8 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe