Families enjoy Big Day Out in Braunton
Organisers hope the day will have raised thousands for two charities.
THE sun came out over Braunton on Saturday as families and groups of friends flocked to the village’s recreational ground for The Big Day out.
Ryan Durham, one of the organisers of the day, said the final total was yet to be confirmed but he hoped the day had raised around �2,000.
The money raised from the event, which included live music, a beer tent and a variety of stalls, will go to two charities.
Ryan said: “All the proceeds will be split between the Motor Neurone Disease Association and the Royal Marines Society.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a brilliant day and the weather held off until we closed the gates and then the heavens opened.
“We would like to thank everybody who came and turned up and look forward to a seeing everyone again next year.”
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton