Families enjoy Big Day Out in Braunton
Organisers hope the day will have raised thousands for two charities.
THE sun came out over Braunton on Saturday as families and groups of friends flocked to the village’s recreational ground for The Big Day out.
Ryan Durham, one of the organisers of the day, said the final total was yet to be confirmed but he hoped the day had raised around �2,000.
The money raised from the event, which included live music, a beer tent and a variety of stalls, will go to two charities.
Ryan said: “All the proceeds will be split between the Motor Neurone Disease Association and the Royal Marines Society.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a brilliant day and the weather held off until we closed the gates and then the heavens opened.
“We would like to thank everybody who came and turned up and look forward to a seeing everyone again next year.”
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 6 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 7 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home