Fake cheque fraudster makes off with �30,000 vehicle in Chulmleigh
CAR dealers and businesses in North Devon have been warned to be vigilant after an offender managed to buy a �30,000 Range Rover and trailer using a fake bankers draft. The incident took place in Chulmleigh on April 20 and a similar one is being investiga
CAR dealers and businesses in North Devon have been warned to be vigilant after an offender managed to buy a �30,000 Range Rover and trailer using a fake bankers draft.
The incident took place in Chulmleigh on April 20 and a similar one is being investigated by Avon and Somerset Police too.
Police said in both cases the buyer described himself as a retried doctor and spoke to the vehicle dealer in advance by phone, before sending "an employee" to the garage to purchase the vehicle with a fake cheque.
The Range Rover from Chulmleigh was later found in Wiltshire, police said.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has any concerns or suspicions about someone attempting to pay for goods with a bankers draft is asked to call police on 08452 777444, quoting crime reference CS/10/194.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 8 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage