Fake cheque fraudster makes off with �30,000 vehicle in Chulmleigh
CAR dealers and businesses in North Devon have been warned to be vigilant after an offender managed to buy a �30,000 Range Rover and trailer using a fake bankers draft. The incident took place in Chulmleigh on April 20 and a similar one is being investiga
CAR dealers and businesses in North Devon have been warned to be vigilant after an offender managed to buy a �30,000 Range Rover and trailer using a fake bankers draft.
The incident took place in Chulmleigh on April 20 and a similar one is being investigated by Avon and Somerset Police too.
Police said in both cases the buyer described himself as a retried doctor and spoke to the vehicle dealer in advance by phone, before sending "an employee" to the garage to purchase the vehicle with a fake cheque.
The Range Rover from Chulmleigh was later found in Wiltshire, police said.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has any concerns or suspicions about someone attempting to pay for goods with a bankers draft is asked to call police on 08452 777444, quoting crime reference CS/10/194.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 9 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
- 10 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing