Facelift for Wrafton playing field
A REDUNDANT Wrafton playing field has been given a new lease of life thanks to a community project led by North Devon Homes (NDH). The amenity has been given a facelift for a new generation of local children as a result of generous donations by local busi
A REDUNDANT Wrafton playing field has been given a new lease of life thanks to a community project led by North Devon Homes (NDH).
The amenity has been given a facelift for a new generation of local children as a result of generous donations by local businesses.
Pharmaceutical firm Perrigo gave the land over to the project free of charge, while and the NDH Customer Forum, Devon County Councillor Andrea Davies, and the Braunton Rotary Club all made donations to the project. NDH contractor Rok provided free labour and supplier Travis Perkins provided all the materials at cost.
NDH customer involvement manager, Elaine Yorke, said: "We are so pleased to be able to give something back to the community and I'd like to thank everyone involved.
You may also want to watch:
"I'd especially like to thank Cllr Davies; without her fantastic donation of �2,000 this project simply would not have happened.
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 3 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 7 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 8 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 9 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 10 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple