Facelift for Wrafton playing field
A REDUNDANT Wrafton playing field has been given a new lease of life thanks to a community project led by North Devon Homes (NDH). The amenity has been given a facelift for a new generation of local children as a result of generous donations by local busi
A REDUNDANT Wrafton playing field has been given a new lease of life thanks to a community project led by North Devon Homes (NDH).
The amenity has been given a facelift for a new generation of local children as a result of generous donations by local businesses.
Pharmaceutical firm Perrigo gave the land over to the project free of charge, while and the NDH Customer Forum, Devon County Councillor Andrea Davies, and the Braunton Rotary Club all made donations to the project. NDH contractor Rok provided free labour and supplier Travis Perkins provided all the materials at cost.
NDH customer involvement manager, Elaine Yorke, said: "We are so pleased to be able to give something back to the community and I'd like to thank everyone involved.
You may also want to watch:
"I'd especially like to thank Cllr Davies; without her fantastic donation of �2,000 this project simply would not have happened.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton