Facelift for Wrafton playing field
A REDUNDANT Wrafton playing field has been given a new lease of life thanks to a community project led by North Devon Homes (NDH). The amenity has been given a facelift for a new generation of local children as a result of generous donations by local busi
A REDUNDANT Wrafton playing field has been given a new lease of life thanks to a community project led by North Devon Homes (NDH).
The amenity has been given a facelift for a new generation of local children as a result of generous donations by local businesses.
Pharmaceutical firm Perrigo gave the land over to the project free of charge, while and the NDH Customer Forum, Devon County Councillor Andrea Davies, and the Braunton Rotary Club all made donations to the project. NDH contractor Rok provided free labour and supplier Travis Perkins provided all the materials at cost.
NDH customer involvement manager, Elaine Yorke, said: "We are so pleased to be able to give something back to the community and I'd like to thank everyone involved.
You may also want to watch:
"I'd especially like to thank Cllr Davies; without her fantastic donation of �2,000 this project simply would not have happened.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 5 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 8 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash