Facelift for Wrafton playing field
A REDUNDANT Wrafton playing field has been given a new lease of life thanks to a community project led by North Devon Homes (NDH). The amenity has been given a facelift for a new generation of local children as a result of generous donations by local busi
A REDUNDANT Wrafton playing field has been given a new lease of life thanks to a community project led by North Devon Homes (NDH).
The amenity has been given a facelift for a new generation of local children as a result of generous donations by local businesses.
Pharmaceutical firm Perrigo gave the land over to the project free of charge, while and the NDH Customer Forum, Devon County Councillor Andrea Davies, and the Braunton Rotary Club all made donations to the project. NDH contractor Rok provided free labour and supplier Travis Perkins provided all the materials at cost.
NDH customer involvement manager, Elaine Yorke, said: "We are so pleased to be able to give something back to the community and I'd like to thank everyone involved.
"I'd especially like to thank Cllr Davies; without her fantastic donation of �2,000 this project simply would not have happened.
- 1 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 2 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 3 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 5 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 6 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 7 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 10 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward