Barnstaple’s F. Hinds jewellers in Green Lanes set to reopen
- Credit: Archant
The F. Hinds jewellery store at Green Lanes Shopping Centre in Barnstaple is set to reopen on Tuesday, June 16.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson had previously said it would be possible for non-essential shops and businesses to reopen on June 15, subject to coronavirus restrictions.
F. Hinds said customers will be able to try on jewellery and watches where necessary, but there will be a range of added safety measures in place to protect both customers and staff.
A reduced number of customers will be allowed into each store at a time to help with social distancing.
Customers will be served from behind screens at designated service points.
You may also want to watch:
Any items that are tried on will be thoroughly cleaned afterwards using specialist cleaning materials and there will be a 72-hour quarantine facility for returned items.
Jeremy Hinds, director at F.Hinds said: “The safety of our customers and staff is our number one priority.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 3 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 4 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 5 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 6 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 7 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 10 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
“We have worked hard to put comprehensive measures in place to protect everyone while still being able to welcome back our customers to our award-winning service.
“We will be training all of our staff on the new procedures prior to stores reopening and implementing a strict cleaning regime.”