Extension for consultation on future of North Devon and Torridge
LOCAL people are being given more time to comment on how North Devon may be developed in the future. A public consultation on North Devon Council and Torridge District Council s draft Core Strategy was due to end on Thursday. But it has now been extended
LOCAL people are being given more time to comment on how North Devon may be developed in the future.
A public consultation on North Devon Council and Torridge District Council's draft Core Strategy was due to end on Thursday. But it has now been extended until Monday (March 15) to enable more people to comment on the proposals.
Proposals include 6,000 new homes around Barnstaple, with Larkbear, Whiddon Valley/Westacott and West Yelland identified as potential sites. Other key areas highlighted in the document as potential housing sites are around Killacleave in Ilfracombe and to the north-west and south of South Molton.
Leader of North Devon Council, Cllr Des Brailey, said: "We've held a series of information days across northern Devon over the last six weeks, to allow local people to see the plans and have their say.
You may also want to watch:
"They've been really successful, with around 2,000 people coming along. However, despite this, there are still some people who want to comment, but say they haven't had enough time. Therefore, we've made the decision to give them until 15 March to make their views known."
People can view the draft Core Strategy and comment online by going to www.northdevon.gov.uk/corestrategy or www.torridge.gov.uk/ldf.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 4 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 5 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 6 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 7 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon